here's five reasons why it's the best time of the year:
1. north carolina is beautiful during the fall. i was home in illinois last weekend and basically all the leaves have fallen off the trees...how i lived there for 21 years, i do not know. raleigh is the "city of oaks", so it makes sense that it's absolutely breathtaking when the leaves change.
|this is pretty much what the entire city looks like. |
although, clearly this is not raleigh. there are mountains.
2. it's the season of decorating for christmas. it may be a little early, but most of my christmas decorations are up, even my tree. eeeek.
|milo & otis are really diggin' the tree...and there's always at |
least one ornament on the floor every morning, those sneaky little nuggets.
3. tis' the season for duke basketball. yep, i'm a duke fan. thanks to my brother-in-law who is a die-hard duke fan. i mean, he hates carolina. he's proud to have another fan in the family.
|i decided i need a duke shirt to wear while watching the games at my sister and BIL's house|
4. my birthday is in less than a month! i'm turning the big 2-2 this year. makes me feel old. i'm not sure how i like it.
|i do know that i wouldn't mind receiving this beauty on my birthday. hint, hint [family].|
5. it's time to start buying christmas presents for people! ahhhh. where has this year gone?! i started my list [in class, of course] of gifts to buy...it's small but will definitely grow over the next few weeks. i love buying gifts for people...almost as much as i love receiving them : )