i found this recipe on pinterest, looked at the photo, and knew that i had to make it. it just to happened that i had a reason to make it too...a small group thanksgiving potluck that i'm going to tonight! can't wait to share this with the girls.
oh, and this recipe will change your life.
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with non-stick spray.
4. melt butter and brown sugar in saucepan over medium heat.
5. bring that to a boil and then simmer over low heat for 6-8 minutes, until mixture becomes thicker.
9. sprinkle chips on top. (if the toffee is still warm enough, the chips will begin to melt on their own. i wanted to speed up the process, so i popped the pan back in the oven for about two minutes. the oven was still warm enough the get the chips nice and soft for easy spreading)
10. spread the chocolate into a nice layer on top of the toffee.
12. let cool, on countertop or in refrigerator.
13. break apart and eat it all. i mean, save it for your event. but make sure you taste it. actually, you may end up eating the whole thing if you do. it's your choice.