happy first friday of 2014! it's still hard for me to believe that the holidays are over and it's a brand new year, but i've had a good start to the year. here's some reasons why:
1. mike and i celebrated a quiet New Year's Eve together. we went to dinner at one of our favorite places and then enjoyed the countdown from the comforts of my couch. it was pretty much exactly what i wanted to do -- anything to avoid the crowds.
2. snow, snow and more snow. we've got it and i love it.
3. milo was cracking us up on NYE. he couldn't bear to stay awake and was unashamedly letting it all hang out.
4. mike's Christmas present to me is to take me on a little ski trip (in the midwest) since my family didn't go out west to ski this winter. we're hoping to go in the next few weeks and i'm so excited! he's never skied before, so there's sure to be some laughter and fun trying to teach him.
5. since it's been snowing so much, i've been living in winter hats and side braids. it makes my "getting ready" time ridiculously efficient, which means i have more time to try on 17 different outfits before settling on the one i'm going to cover up all day with my ankle-length winter jacket #truth
how has the start of your 2014 been? link up below and tell me about it!