here's five of my favorite things that happened in the past week:
1. Mike and i (and some friends) headed up to Devil's Head in WI last weekend for a quick ski trip. although it was freezing, we had a good time and conquered the slopes. it was Mike's first time and he was a total champ. i'd say it was a good warm up for the real mountains out West that he'll be skiing on next year!
2. the boys had their yearly check-up yesterday at the vet and all is well! they're slightly overweight (oops!), but totally healthy. i'm one happy cat mother.
3. speaking of cats, i picked this little igloo up at TJ Maxx and it has been inhabited by one of two felines every since it was brought into the apartment. Milo especially loves it.
4. i'm heading to NC tomorrow to see my sister and nephew! i'm crossing my fingers that my flight doesn't get cancelled because of the weather. you should cross yours, too ;)
5. i went to the Bulls game with my parents and uncle (who was in town from CA). during one of the time-outs, Benny the Bull (their mascot, clearly) came over and gave my mom and nice big hug, which was totally unsolicited. Benny then proceeded to steal my purse, of which my mom wouldn't let go. it was a pretty funny encounter. oh and he/she commented on this photo that i shared on Instagram! i've officially made it, folks.
how has your week been? link up below and tell me about it!