happy friday, all yous guyses (just accessing my inner Chicagoan)! hope you've all had a great week. at times it felt like the week was flying by, but then i realized it was only Tuesday, so...i was wrong. but we made it! the weather has been absolutely delightful in the city and it's supposed to stay that way for the weekend, so i'm planning to be outside as much as possible.
here's a look back at five of my favorite things from this week:
1. mike and i went to the Bulls game with my parents last weekend and had a great time! oh, and the Bulls won, so that's always great!
|we promptly went to the store to get mike a smaller undershirt because his was so large...|
2. it's my roommate's birthday today so we'll be celebrating tonight! i surprised her with a decorated room and cupcakes on monday, but i'm looking forward to celebrating with her on her actual birthday.
3. the cats held hands and my heart exploded.
4. i popped in J.Crew while i was out running errands and tried on a few of their new items that were just calling my name. unfortunately, every single top i tried on was so short i would never wear it. what's with that?! on the bright side, i picked up a pair of casual/boyfriend-ish jeans on double sale, so that was pretty awesome.
5. since it's warming up around here, i'm much more likely to actually take advantage of all the wonderful things the city has to offer. mike and i ventured to the Shedd Aquarium last weekend and enjoyed seeing all the fish, creatures, etc. my favorites are the seahorses (a little known fact about me is that i have a birthmark on my shoulder blade that is a dead ringer for a tiny seahorse, freckle for an eye and all).
how has your week been? link up below and tell me about it!