happy friday! to me, it feels like a tuesday or wednesday. i don't know what happened this week, but it went by so, so quickly! i'm looking forward to enjoying some of the cooler temps this weekend (yes, i'm already kind of over the hot weather) with Mike.
here's a look back at some of my favorite moments from this past week:
1. i improvised and made some shredded chicken fajitas/tacos this week and they have been so delicious. i used a homemade fajita seasoning (i think i found a recipe on Pinterest, but don't know exactly which one) and sprinkled it on chicken breasts, which i then baked in the over just until done. meanwhile, i sautéed some red and green peppers with more fajita seasoning and warmed some corn tortillas. once it's all cooked, i layered the corn tortillas with some shredded cheese, peppers, chicken, and sliced avocado. so easy and really yummy!
2. the weather has been so glorious in Chicago this week. i've been able to have my windows open and to feel the breeze. it makes working inside at my desk all day slightly less...well, real.
3. my friend and i decided to plan a road trip down to North Carolina for the end of July, which means i get to hang out with my sister and nephew again in just a few weeks! we've been fortunate enough to plan trips several weeks apart, so i'm so glad that i get to see them again so soon!
4. i feel like i'm still reliving the holiday weekend in my head - it was so fun, relaxing, and enjoyable. it was Mike's first time to the lake in the summer and based on how much he enjoyed it, i have a feeling we'll be sneaking in a few more trips while the weather is still wonderful around here.
5. i'm continuing to collect some decorative items for our future apartment and am getting really excited to see it all come together. i'm hoping to take my mom over early next week so that she can get a feel for the layout to help me make some big furniture decisions!
how has your week been? link up below and tell me about it!
if you'd like, feel free to add the button below to your own #H54F post!