happy friday! it's beautifully fall-like around these parts and i'm happy as a cat in a pile of freshly laundered clothes. this has been a big week for me, so i'm definitely looking forward to relaxing this weekend. but before i get to that, let's look at some of my favorite things from this week:
1. i was face-timing (can that be a verb?) with my sister and nephew yesterday and it quickly turned into a staring contest between David and me. it was probably partly because he had just woken up and eaten but also because staring at each other is kind of our thing. we just look and smile and make the occasional sound, both of us. i can't wait to do it in person in just a couple weeks!
2. as you may know from instagram, i launched a new website this week, as part of Elisabeth Ashlie! i've been working behind the scenes for weeks and it's been so fun to see it come to life these past couple days!
3. my roommate and i attended a little fashion night at our local Anthropologie last night and it was so fun! as if i wasn't already in total fall-wardrobe-building mode, i certainly am now.
4. while at small group last night, we went around saying our favorite restaurants in Chicago and i have a whole new list of places i need to try! it's sometimes overwhelming, truthfully, because there are so many wonderful places to discover in the city. it was really helpful to hear from people what their favorite places are, though. i tend to trust that a little more than the internet most times ;) anyway, i'm excited to start going through the list and experiencing new spots.
5. all you Arrested Development fans will appreciate this: i'm going to listen to Tony Hale (aka Buster Bluth, aka Mother Boy) talk this evening at my church about life as an actor in Hollywood and as a follower of Christ. not only do i think it will be entertaining (he's hilarious) but also such a cool thing to hear about from someone like him.
how has your week been? link up below and tell me about it!
have a safe and happy weekend!