happy friday! hope you've had a great week! i'm definitely ready for the weekend. but first, let's take a look back at some of my favorite moments from this past week:
1. as you may remember, my roommates and i had a housewarming party last weekend and it was a success! we had a lot of fun and enjoyed sharing our space with some of our favorite people.
|me, ariel, and sam|
2. i've finally been placed into a long-term small group with the church that i'm attending here in Chicago and our first meeting was this week! it was exciting and a little nerve-wracking (i'm always anxious to meet new people), but i'm happy to say that i think it's going to be a great fit and i'm excited to finally be a part of one again.
3. you guys, i am IN the holiday spirit. i don't know exactly when it happened, but i am so ready for christmas music, decorating the apartment, and gift shopping. who's with me?
4. as i was coming home from small group the other night, i was waiting for the bus outside when snow flurries started to fall. i was pretty much the only human outside of a building or vehicle, so for a quick second, it was incredibly peaceful. it can be difficult to find quiet moments like that living in the city, but they're really cool when they do happen. i just took a second to look around that the beauty of Chicago and appreciate the stage in life that i'm in that allows me to live here and enjoy it.
5. as crazy as it might make me, i was actually excited to bust out my winter outerwear for the first time this week. i always get excited with a change in the seasons, so it's been fun to change things up a bit and rediscover old items that i can wear again. although this excitement over cold weather probably won't last for long, i'll try to enjoy it while i have it.
how has your week been? link up below and tell me about it!