happy friday! hope you've had a great week! here's a look back at some of my favorite things that happened this week:
1. i had a friend from North Carolina in town over the weekend for a little Chicago getaway and we had a great time! i don't have out-of-town visitors too often, so it was fun to have someone new to the city to show around and take to some of my favorite places.
|the only 'attraction' she was interested in was the bean, which was totally okay with me. #awkwardselfies|
2. since it was the first weekend after my birthday, some friends got together to celebrate! i pretty much had a week and a half long birthday this year, after celebrating with my family the weekend before. not that i'm complaining or anything...
3. Kate and i were so excited to be able to share the details about our shopping event at Lou & Grey that's happening next weekend. although the actual event will be a future highlight, we've had fun letting you guys in on the secret!
4. i'm pretty well into my second year of living in the city and still feel like i learn and experience new things every week. something i hadn't done until last weekend was see the view from the top of the Hancock building in the Signature Lounge. Mike and i went for our anniversary a few weeks ago, but it was overcast and we couldn't see a thing. my friend and i went over the weekend and had the most beautiful view of the city. it was breathtaking!
5. i've been intentional about going to bed early and waking up early this week and i've kind of loved it. i'm a morning person, but only if i can be alone with my thoughts for the first couple hours. it's nice to wake up to a quiet apartment and have a slower start to the day before i have to start working. also, being in bed by 9pm is my jam. here's to forming new habits!
how has your week been? link up below and tell me about it!