happy friday, kitty cats! hope you've all had a great week. my week has been pretty thrown off from travel, so today feels more like a sunday than a friday, but i'll take it! here's a look back at some highlights from this week:
1. mike and i enjoyed a festive Christmas date last weekend. we walked around the zoo lights at Lincoln Park Zoo, had a delicious dinner and headed over to a movie afterwards. although we tend to do things like that together often, it feels a little more special when it's set aside as a 'date night' versus just another weekend night.
2. Christmas shopping was pretty easy for me this year (hello, online shopping!) but i'm happy to say that i'm officially done! i like to think that i'm one of those people that thinks/plans ahead, but i've never been very good about that with holiday shopping. so, being done just a week before Christmas feels like a real victory to me this year!
3. my parents and i arrived in North Carolina late Wednesday night for a long weekend celebrating an early Christmas with my sister and her family. it's always nice when the majority of us can spend time together, especially around the holidays!
4. after hearing great reviews and being already convinced i want to see the movie, i started reading Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail. i'm only a few chapters in, but i'm really enjoying it! i used to go through books like they were going out of style, but have gotten away from reading in the past year or so. i'm hoping this good read will get me back in the habit! has anyone else read it? what did you think?
5. Mike is joining us for the weekend in NC today and i'm so excited that he'll be here! we don't often 'get away' with each other (even if it is just to my sister's house!), so it's fun when we do get to go on a little vacation together. i'm looking forward to spending all weekend convincing him that we should relocate ;)
how has your week been? link up below and tell me about it!