highlight | lashes
Happy first Friday of August! 

That's pretty wild. Some days, it feels like this summer just started, and others I cannot wait for Fall and a change in the weather. This week has been a rather full one, so I'm looking forward to a more relaxing weekend. I've told myself everyday that I need to catch up on accounting work and haven't, so I finally made a deal with myself to do it tomorrow or Sunday. For whatever reason, opting to work on the weekend is way less painful than having to do that kind of work during the week...which you would probably think the opposite. I'm weird. I CAN'T HELP IT.

I'm also finally getting back into the swing of things with working out regularly, which I'm so happy about. I've had a few requests to share a food/workout log on the blog, but I'm just not sure it would be effective. I'm not overly healthy or a workout guru, I just do what works for me! Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind and share some of the things that I do. 

Yesterday was one month since Otis passed away. It's hard to believe it's already been an entire month, but I still remember that day like it was yesterday. And probably will for quite some time! Speaking of cats, if you follow me on social media, you may be wondering where photos of Frankie are. After Otis passed, it felt so foreign to have just one cat around. I had only known having two cats, so I could tell that there was something missing. I felt that I had properly grieved the loss and was ready to add another little munchkin to the mix. I wanted to give Milo a buddy, since he and Otis were so close. So, I adopted Frankie and brought him home. The first 36 hours were great! I was so excited to have him home, he and Milo were doing really well together, and I loved having the distraction and having a new cat to love and take care of. A couple days in, I noticed that he was having some diarrhea, so I was instantly thrown back into the mode of constantly worrying about a cat's health (which is how it was the final week or so with Otis). He had a parasite, which is a totally normal thing for a shelter kitten, but I couldn't seem to rationalize with myself that he would get better. I found myself unable to connect with him and feeling very detached, likely just subconsciously protecting myself from all of the things I had just gone through with losing Otis. No matter how many times I told myself that he would get better and it would go back to normal, etc. etc., I just couldn't get over it. I was an emotional wreck for about a week, even after the antibiotics started working for him, and decided that the best thing to do would be to find a new home for Frankie. He truly is such a sweet and lovable little kitten, so it felt wrong for me to keep him around because I would love him one day. He deserved to be in a home where he could get the love and attention he wanted right now, so that's what we did! As soon as I dropped him off, a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders and I was able to feel like myself again. The whole thing was so strange to me - I never could've guessed that would happen or that I would feel unable to love a cat, but it all worked out how it was supposed to, in the end. So, that is why you haven't seen any photos of him! 

I shared a little step-by-step nighttime beauty routine on snapchat last night (username: laurelizabeth4) and have never seen something screenshot so many times, so I think I'll share a full post on it next week! It includes my all-time favorite skincare product.

I tried this recipe for Cauliflower Fried Rice and it was pretty darn good. I added more veggies and some shredded chicken.  

I'm hosting some girlfriends for a girl's night next week and am feeling the need to deep clean the apartment this weekend...so, wish me luck! 

Have a great weekend!